Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt
2 6-ounce salmon fillets
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
1. Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt to a small bowl and mix well. Combine well by mixing.
2. Salmon may be dried using paper towels. Coat the salmon in the paprika mixture well.
3. To begin, place a pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Include oil.
4. Arrange the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a heated pan. The sides should be opaque after 4 to 5 minutes of cooking. Turn the salmon over and continue cooking for another 2-5 minutes or until it achieves the doneness you like.
5. Depending on its thickness, the total cooking time for salmon will vary. In general, wild fish is more delicate and takes less time to cook than farmed fish, which tends to be thicker and more resistant to flaking.
6. Get it out of the oven and serve it to your guests.