Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
4 cups chicken broth
4 ears of corn, cut into 12 pieces total
1 lb. baby red potatoes, about 1-inch (cut in half or quarters if large)
1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 lb. easy-peel shrimp
FOR THE SAUCE:
½ cup butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup chopped parsley
Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Chicken broth should be heated in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the corn, potatoes, and Old Bay seasoning and boil. Gently whisk it together.
2. Keep it covered and at a vigorous simmer over medium heat. For soft potatoes, cooking time should be around 8-10 minutes.
3. Cook for another minute or two, or until the shrimp are pink all the way through, before adding the sausage (time will depend on the size of your shrimp).
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage, corn, potatoes, and shrimp to a large serving dish; set aside. Discard the cooking liquid.
5. Put some butter in the pan. Add the garlic when it has melted and cooked for a further minute. Then, stir in the lemon juice and parsley. Finish with a dash of Old Bay pepper. To taste, add salt and pepper.
6. The shrimp in the bowl should be covered with the sauce. Dish up right away.