Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
8 oz. spaghetti uncooked
1.5 lbs. raw shrimp deveined, peeled, tail off
½ tsp. Black pepper or more to taste
½ tsp. Pepper flakes or more, optional
¾ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. salt or more to paste
2 tbsps. Lemon juice fresh squeezed
1 tsp. paprika
1 cup pasta water preserved from pasta
3 tbsps. Butter unsalted
2 tbsps. Olive oil
2 tbsps. Fresh garlic minced, about 4 large cloves
1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
1 cup parmesan cheese grated
More chopped parsley for garnishing
Freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnishing
Pepper flakes are optional for garnishing.
1. Pasta should be prepared as directed on the box. Save the water from cooking the pasta.
2. Make a marinade by combining the lemon juice, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, salt, and pepper flakes with the shrimp (optional).
3. Butter and olive oil should be melted in a large pan over medium heat. Put in some garlic mince. Add the garlic and sauté for 10–15 seconds.
4. Cook the raw shrimp for 5–7 minutes, until browned; rotating the pieces, they cook evenly on both sides.
5. To deglaze the pan:
6. Pour some reserved pasta water and stir to combine.
7. Once the pasta is done, add the grated parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
8. Blend with some freshly chopped parsley.
9. Cover and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with pepper flakes (optional) and serve with freshly minced parsley and grated parmesan cheese.